Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Quilled lion nursery decor

My friends recently adopted a sweet boy from India and named him Aslan after the character in Chronicles of Narnia, one of my favorite book and movie series that I grew up reading and watching. As they patiently went through the long process of paperwork and logistics, I had some time to make a quilled lion for his nursery art. It took me awhile to find a lion that didn't look too fierce! I didn't want his wall art to give him nightmares overnight.


Click below for more of the step-by-step photos!


I traced the lion out on paper and outlined it first with orange quilling paper, then filled it with lots of quilled swirls.





 I framed the quilled lion with a shadowbox frame and it's now hanging in sweet Aslan's room! It was just a small way for me to celebrate with our friends when they were finally able to bring Aslan home. I hope this quilled lion can remind him of the year he became part of his new family and how deeply they love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment