Monday, September 26, 2016

Quilled nursery decor and watercolor greeting cards

I co-hosted a baby shower this weekend and it was so delightful to celebrate a dear friend Bekah from my church! She is naming her daughter Elsa after her grandmother (and also happens to be a Disney princess now ;)  ). I've been loving the combination of watercolor and calligraphy and also made a birthday card for my bff. Read on to see the framed quilled nursery decor that I made for Bekah!


For Bekah's baby shower gift I quilled her name and framed it. Elsa's nursery is lavender and mint so I tried to match their other decor. First I sketched out her name in pencil.

Then outlined it in purple cardstock.

Added color and a leafy vine flourish at the bottom...and framed it in a shadowbox!


It was my first time quilling a name in cursive typhography and I'm pleased with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment