Friday, May 29, 2015

Framed quilling and brushlettering: Jeremiah 29:11


One of my best friends happens to create stunning brushlettering calligraphy, and now that we live in the same city, we finally pulled together some collaborations. For instance, this framed Bible verse with quilling that we recently gifted to a bride-to-be at her bridal shower. Here's the 7-day storyline of this project!

Sunday: I delivered an empty shadow box frame (from Michaels) to K after church and gave her instructions. I did some research and asked the groom-to-be what the bride's favorite Bible passage is: Jeremiah 29:11. 

Thursday: I picked up the freshly-brushlettered quote from K's apartment


I used the wedding invitation as inspiration for the quilled floral wreath around the quote, in tones of coral, mango orange, lime and sage green.


Friday: I quill nonstop from 10pm-1am (there might have been a few snack breaks)



Saturday morning: K arrives at my house and we admire the finished product together!

We spent 20 minutes photographing the finished frame in various locations around my house on Saturday morning before heading to the bridal shower. This is what 2 best friend bloggers do when we hang out. My husband looked on in confusion as K and I ran around with our cameras and cellphones staging and searching for well-lit shots of our projects. We finally parted with the frame later that day at the bridal shower. I love giving handmade gifts at bridal and baby showers because it adds a personal touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment